Volunteers for Salesforce (v4s) is an integrated application included in the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
This application allows you to link:
- Volunteers (also known in Salesforce v4s as “Contacts“)
- Volunteer Roles (known in Salesforce v4s as “Jobs“)
- Volunteer Shifts and
- Volunteer Hours.
- Within Projects (known in Salesforce v4s as “Campaigns” – similar to a “marketing campaign” where you’d be prospecting for Donors. In this case, we are prospecting for/tracking Volunteers.
Salesforce offers exceptional “Trailhead” training without fees from Salesforce is exceptional.
Here’s the link to to the overview: Manage Volunteers for Nonprofits
As with any database, the key is to understand the structure. Take a look at this PAGE – the 2nd picture is a link to a 1 minute video that provides a good introduction to Volunteers for Salesforce – V4S.
My coaching for speeding up YouTube videos
Four Quick Tips for changing Youtube viewing settings
1 min 43 second video
- Change the viewing speed to fit your needs - faster to review content; slower to watch more closely and take notes.
- Using the Number keys on your keypad to jump to that Percentage of the total video (5 for 50%)
- Dragging the slider at the bottom of the screen to preview the video and identify transitions
- Use Closed Captioning [CC] to understand words when watching at high speeds.
Navigating from the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack welcome page to the Volunteers for Salesforce page.
1:29 (1 min, 29 second) youtube video showing how to navigate within Salesforce’s Nonprofit Success Pack
Creating a Volunteer Campaign
(1:56 min youtube video) necessary because Volunteer Jobs (“roles”) must be associated with a Campaign.
Creating a Volunteer Job
(3:07 min youtube video) shows how to build a new Job and clone an existing Job.
Creating Volunteer Job Shifts
(4:42 min youtube video) 2 options for navigating to a Volunteer Job and creating and cloning Job Shifts.
Assigning Volunteers to Shifts
(4:51 min youtube video) - using Shift Calendar and Mass Edit Volunteer Hours